Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Hello World

Sega Simulation SGGG Segagaga
Over the years, a number of Segagaga translation projects have come and gone. How far along the road to completion did they get? Unfortunately, nobody really knows because the work has never been made public...

The aim of this project is to translate SGGG, one chapter at a time and post the progress publicly for fans to enjoy. This will yield the following benefits:
  • Fans can enjoy the game in an episodic manner. Even if the project is not completed, at least they'll be able to experience part of the game. 
  • Fans don't have to wait for the project to be completed and can begin enjoying SGGG immediately.
  • The project is open source, so if I become unable to finish, others can give it a stab without having to start from scratch, or translate it into other languages.
Each time I finish a chapter, I'll post the following:
  • Complete Japanese manuscript and English translation for the chapter in text form including translations for items, enemies, story elements, NPC dialogue and menus.  
  • 480p video of the chapter, running on original Dreamcast hardware, using the XRGB Mini Framemeister, high quality RGB cables and Avermedia Extreme Cap U3 capture card. This video will include the translation via YouTube subtitles. 
  • Guide for the chapter in text form including screenshots.
  • Commentary video where I explain some of the references and translations where needed (secondary priority). 
My intial goal is not to mod the translation into the game. This is beyond my knowledge. Though I will try to look into it at a later date, for now, I just aim to complete a translation.

Of course, this project will take a considerable amount of my time. Upon completion of Chapter 1, I'll be opening up a Patreon for those who wish to donate. Please don't feel like you have to partake in this, it is only for those in a financially stable position who wish to show their gratitude for the work I'm doing. My goal is to complete the project regardless of donations, but having patreons will give me extra motivation to sustain this project longterm and release regular updates.

That's all for now. I won't be promoting this site until chapter 1 has been completed, but if you happen to stumble upon this blog before then, watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment